Fly Fishing Forum banner

Chatham Sunday

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sRobbins 
#1 ·
Heading out Sunday on a friend's flats boat in search of any and all gamefish. I plan to check out the area off South Beach and maybe peek out for some bluefish/fin off Chatham light. How's the west side been lately? Usually it's a bit warm for the west by now, but I hate to miss it if it's hopping. If I had one place to fish for the rest of my life, and I hesitate to make statements like this, it would have to be the west side when it's loaded. Anyway, if any of you will be out there on Sunday, let me know, and I'll keep an eye peeled for ya.

#3 ·
Recently there have been some fish in the 40# class caught off Stage Inlet. I always do well from shore on the west side from the top to the crib on the flood, and if you're on a flats boat the big shoals on the inside from J bouy down to the inlet are always a winner. West side of South Monomoy's flats and distinct channels should be a bonanza and who knows you might even see hardtails popping in the shoal rips on Handercheif. Wouldn't surprise me!

GOOD LUCK!

#4 ·
The pace on the West side last week was slower than the previous 3, IMO. There are still some nice fish and you'll have your shots at some big ladies. The Crib was full of fish which had lockjaw. Avoid Common and Hardings altogether. That's my opinion. If this heat doesn't break, I expect to be seeing bones this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.