Fly Fishing Forum banner

Monomoy - camping

3K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Just booked a group site w/ up to 30 campers in Nickerson for June 10th (sat) for those who might want to stay within short striking distance of the flats. (fee per camper = .00, it's on me this time).

Let me know if you are interested in camping in the park for the Monomoy Clave. Drive up convenience, great trout fishing too. General store, facilities, boat launch, all that - but probably won't be staying in the campsite too long in the morning.

Currently working an exclusive shuttle arrangement at the recommendation of Sean Fields w/ early departure availability.

Please confirm your interest by replying to this thread if you do not appear on the list I've compiled from the earlier thread.

(1) Al_D
(2) GregO
(3) Jeff Roop
(4) Pete
(5) Jeff G
(6) Doug B
(7) JimW
(8) mccaff (jim)
(9) ssully
(10) bob pink / boat
(11) tomd
(12) brendan / boat
(13) marvin
(14) jayC
(15) nathan
(16) ronl
(17) todD
(18) terryW
(19) Sean F
(20) Juro

If you are unable to make the 10th or 11th of June, please reply to clarify.

We got room for ten more campers - and the shuttle capacity will not be a problem. We are working on a special deal for clavers to save some $$ over the already affordable $15 fee for the ride to the refuge each day.

Tides for the 10th are a little after 7am at the point, giving us the outgoing all morning.

Aaron? Powers? Anyone else?

See less See more
#2 ·
I am definitely out--I have a wedding out of town and will be gone that weekend. I think I mentioned in a previous thread that I will be there the week before though on flats trip and will be glad to give you guys as detailed of a report as I can muster as to good tides, patterns, spots etc.

I will reccomend ahead of time bringing some wire tippet material--last year at the end of May I took a 38" bluefish in about two feet of water. What a blast, I set the hook and he jammed his head into the sand with his tail sticking about 8-9" out of the water trying to grind out the hook, and then took off on a looooong run for deeper water. Classic early season blue--head the size of a football with a skinny little racer body. (someday when I am fly2k compliant, I'll get a damn scanner for my pictures...).

Skip the lighter rods too, the wind was 30 knots before noon!

jeff

#3 ·
Thanks Jeff, for the clarification and the report! There's a possibility I might run into you that weekend, if my family is on cape I'll be taking a trip out to investigate some of the changes brought about this winter. I'll probably do that earlier, but that's a candidate for a scout trip just the same.

Roster:

Al_D
GregO
Jeff Roop
Pete
Doug B
JimW
mccaff (jim)
ssully
bob pink / boat
tomd
brendan / boat
marvin
jayC
nathan
ronl
todD
terryW
Sean F
Juro

#9 ·
Juro:

Count me in for at least the 10th. At this time, I will not be staying over at Nickerson though as it is a pretty easy ride down for me. I am going to be on the Vineyard the following week so I do not want to push the envelope on the home front too much !!

Let me know if I can help in any way...........

John

#10 ·
John -

Glad you can make it, I think I read the wrong "can't make it" thread and left you off the list based on that.

Anyway... Yer' IN!

Roster:

JohnM
Al_D
GregO
Jeff Roop
Pete w/ Jeff (not Pete from Calgary)
Doug B - day
JimW
mccaff (jim)
ssully
bob pink / boat
tomd
brendan / boat
marvin
jayC
nathan
ronl
todD - day
tod's brother in law - day
terryW
Sean F
Juro

#12 ·
I will have to beg the indulgence of the clavemeister to permit me to fence-sit. I love camping, I love claves. I'd offer to pay for a spot and miss it if I have to, but you've generously taken care of that.

I'll get off the fence soon. Lotsa life stuff going on.

G
#13 ·
Hey Juro - great idea, perfect time of year, great tide. Unfortunately, I'm going to be just getting back into town that Friday night after a long trip, so I won't be able to make it. You know it's for real when I can't make a Monomoy trip!

Aaron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.