Fly Fishing Forum banner

Photo of a Sand Shrimp?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Penguin 
#1 ·
Can anyone direct me to a good photo of a sand Shrimp?.(Crangon septemspinosa). I found one in The Nat. Aud. Field Guide to NA Seashore Creatures... but the photo is only top down. Thanks.

#6 ·
Try fishing with the shrimp fly, it works great. It doesn't need to be a fancy, spancy pattern. Al Brewster came up with a sand shrimp pattern in about 1949, and it still works. Somewhere I wrote an article about it, but no one was interested. I started reusing it about 5 years ago after I dumped my canoe in the middle of the flats on Quonochontaug Pond. When I bailed out the canoe there had to be 50 or more shrimp, while not the real 2 to 3 inch shrimp we use to see in the Warren River the fish do love them. Sight fishing with shrimp for bass is one of the most fun ways to catch bass.:) Try it you like it.

#7 ·
As Mark would say...Pete,Pete, Pete... You did not expect it to be like that... that Looooong winter on the Cape... when you start mixing things up... seeing things... unable to read things..tusem dyek heirn jsywebtco ...837s^%#)m.. ... right?

#8 ·
John...foraging on the Cape in the winter...

You'll be happy to know that I just ate the entire school of shrimp!:razz:

Thanks for being SO UNDERSTANDING! :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.