Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip trip?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
G
#1 ·
I didn't want to clutter up the signup with banter so I decided to open a new thread.....

I'm game for either the rip or another try at 'noids, but Sunday is the only day I can fish (without toddler in tow). I'm interpreting the silence on the Yakbone thread to mean that we are still in favor of the rip. Has Josko changed anyone's mind?? (Thanks, Josko, for the info)

Weather looks like it may not be a factor. I'm sure Kieth is waiting to see what materializes on Friday. Juro, any word?

Anyone have a plan on what to do if the rip is out? I have this funny feeling CC Bay may be the place to be this weekend...then again I had a funny feeling I should buy 3Com stock a few months back and look at where THAT would have got me :)
Al

#2 ·
Hey Al,

The last word on the last humongous thread was...

Rip Trip if the weather permits, the backup plan being a day outing on one of the plentiful locales all over Cape Cod. If the wind is west/southwest, the outer beaches or bayside (lots of free parking!) would be good. If the southside is fishable, I would like to convert the day into a tunoid chase before they all go south for the winter. Another option would be to divide and conquer, go hit some spots but connect via cell phone at some interval to exchange notes.

In any case, it puts us at the same place at the same time and simplifies the matter.

I really hope we can pull off another ripper before the season wanes!

#3 ·
Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I think having a backup is wise, CC Bay, or whatever. I should have a good idea as to what is goin' on in the Gultch, cause my dad & I are planning a Sat. AM boat assault. BTW: may be room for one more; I was planning to ask AL, but if he has toddler duty?

#4 ·
Hey Juro,

I just wanted to say if the planets were alligned differently, and the gods (in this case the goddess at home) were smiling upon me, I really would love to go to the rip again. Guys like me with young families have to pick and choose our outings carefully though. Sometimes it's frustrating to see guys (evan worse-guys who own boats on the cape) fishing multiple times EVERY week! That's a great thing to have. Well this weekend is Apple Pickin and maybe the Bolton Fair. And if I lay low long enough, and not murmer the "F" word around the homestead, there will be a Rhody outing in my crystal ball. (unless of course PI explodes with migrating monsters, then all bets are off, call the divorce attorney!)

Terry

G
#6 ·
Greg,

You may see me out there. Yes, I have toddler duty, but my Dad wants to get out in my boat and take Toona along for scup/fluke fishing. God knows what I'll do if you and Benny drift by me on the Mashnee flats with double albies on

Al

#7 ·
Greg: I actually was going to take a 1/2 day, but then when we realized the season is getting short and the big bite was on, the heck with it. You should have seen my wife's face when I come home with shorts and my BN striper cap on instead of work clothes! Sleeping under the boat ain'tso bad .

Terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.