Fly Fishing Forum banner

FS: CND Solstice 7/8 and 9/10

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  peter-s-c 
#1 ·
The sig line explains why these two are leaving the stable. I'm posting them here for a week or so before they go EBay.

CND Solstice 14' 3" - 7/8 four piece, dark green blank, with sock and tube. An excellent all-round rod that'll handle a broad range of lines despite it's reputation as a dry line rod. I've fished it with a CND GPS 7/8 tips, 7/8 GrandSpey (new style), Hardy Mach II 9 wt. 55' full intermediate, and a DT-10-F. For those not familiar with the Solstice line up, they have a more traditional Spey action, requiring a relaxed casting stroke. The 14' 3" has no trouble picking up the full GrandSpey or the Hardy intermediate so it won't have any trouble with tips. The rod is in excellent condition, even the cork looks new (I wear gloves most of the time).

$425.00 in either currency, shipping is $38.00 for Canada or the lower 48, tracked and insured, 10 day service. Payment by Paypal or Canadian money order or U.S. international money order. If paid by money order, the rod will be shipped only after receipt of the money order.

CND Solstice 16' 1" - 9/10 four piece, dark green blank, with sock and tube. I bought this rod for handling long belly sunk lines and for casting when wading deep in high water. My local river is quite broad so being able to huck line a long way can sometimes be advantageous. I used this rod mainly with a 75' I.G. 10/11 full intermediate, which the rod handled very well. Contrary to what some may believe, playing the average steelhead on this rod is a blast. Because of the length, it isn't too much rod for the typical Great Lakes 8 pounder. The rod is in excellent condition except for a cosmetic flaw in the epoxy on the stripper guide (from the factory), even the cork looks new (I wear gloves most of the time).

I bought this rod from Whistler Fly Fishing and Brian special ordered it from Lee. Apparently it was the first 16' 1" CND made in the states, serial #001, and I had it made with a downlock reel seat to aid balance, instead of the usual uplock.

$475.00 in either currency, shipping is $41.00 for Canada or the lower 48, tracked and insured, 10 day service. Payment by Paypal or Canadian money order or U.S. international money order. If paid by money order, the rod will be shipped only after receipt of the money order.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.