Fly Fishing Forum banner

York River Conditions

6K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  Charlie 
#1 ·
Well, Mother Nature has been busy since Saturday evening.... :confused:

The rain just stopped, so I hurried to take a few photos, because it's not over yet!!

Hmmmm ?? My No 2 flies will look ridiculous in these waters!!!

Ann
( Charlie, why don't you come over for the weekend Bring your flies!!! :hihi: )

See less See more
#2 ·
Ann,

It's hard to believe this is the same river I've seen in those magic photos that have lured me to the Gaspe'. I hope to return asap.

I hope this will get the black salmon back to sea express, so they can recharge and come back stronger each year.

#12 · (Edited)
Morning,
Thought I'd give you an update on the fishing here in Gaspe.

Dartmouth levels have dropped considerably and a few fish landed in Sector 2..

St-Jean, conditions are excellent, we landed a 20lb+ hen last evening....

York, A+ conditions, more are more fish are entering, they seem to be holding between Sectors 1-6. ( We landed a fish in sector 6 yesterday morning.

photo: Still Pool ( York 4) last evening.

oh!! There are still black salmon in the river ( saw one last evening heading straight down and in "5th gear"!!) :rolleyes:

Ann

#13 ·
Hi Ann. Do you think the levels will hold until next weekend (the 10th). Would hate to think that Charlie and Brian would catch better water than us :mad: ( so what else is new). I see that Charlie has allready picked up sectuer 4 in the 48 hr. for the 5th and Brian has a good alternate. Any way glad to see your guys are having success allready and will see you next week. :smile:
Ramsay

#17 ·
Hi Charlie,

I am bummed that I didn't get to chat with you more. I thought for sure we would run into you guys again. Ann was kind enough to invite us out to meet up with you guys but we fished hard that day and were wiped out. We had great fishing, my best trip to the Gaspe' for sure. I can't wait for next year. I hope you guys had a great trip as well.

Hi Ramsey, great to see you.

Cheers,

Greg

#19 ·
Greg,

Glad you did well. :smokin: We got some nice fish also, but I have had better years. I did get my first Bonaventure fish this year. Never fished the Bonaventure before so that was a bonus! Did you get any good pictures? Would love to see them.

Charlie.

#20 ·
Good year

Hi guys, just got back in at 4:30 this morning. Got to go with Greg - one of my best years on the Gaspe'. Looks like no kill is finally starting to pay off on the St. Jean.
Greg, Sorry we didn't get a chance to hook up later in the week I would have loved to sit down and have a chat. Fishing does get in the way sometimes.
Charlie, looks like you were right bud - you guys left just a few days too early. About time I hit it right for a change.
Ann, will give you a call this week when I get settled back in.
A great time was had by all.
Ramsay

#26 ·
Greg,

We did fish from a canoe with Mario Poiner. He is the head guide for Camp Boniventure and a good friend. Nobody knows the Boniventure like Mario. He is the best.

Julian,

I will have to leave this one to Ann. She fishes in August and September quit a bit. I don't.

Charlie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.