Fly Fishing Forum banner

Steelies as physical therapy???

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  teflon_jones 
#1 ·
I go under the knife Wednesday (23rd) for prostate cancer. I'm thinkin' a little northern Indiana steelie action would be real pt :hihi:
I actually concidered putting this off until March so I would be likelier to be able to engage in productive pt;)
My wife went ballistic at the idea of posponement so I guess thats out :(
Do you supose I could get my Doc to scrip a little light steelie action? Or maybe a little bonefish flatts somewhere balmy:smokin:

#2 ·
Best of luck with the surgery. My dad went through it last year and it wasn't too big a deal (as much as cancer can be).

I'm sure the Dr can help you out. They say at least half of any medical battle is mental, so I'm sure it would be a good idea. :)

#4 ·
mnb & scott

MNB, couldn't agree with you more. Wife (Lee) and I are planning to hike,canoe, and fly fish Glacier National Park (and hopefully Bob Marshall Wilderness) this summer. Last summer (for our thirtieth anniversary) we revisited our honeymoon site on Crab Lake in the BWCA. Maybe not all the worlds best places are accessed only by canoe, but a lot of them are :hihi:
Scott, I have always enjoyed your signature line, fortunately the fish don't always win:chuckle:
Thanks guys.

#5 ·
Pat Bahan said:
Maybe not all the worlds best places are accessed only by canoe, but a lot of them are :hihi:
Scott, I have always enjoyed your signature line, fortunately the fish don't always win:chuckle:
Getting into areas accessible only by canoe or kayak, or sometimes float plane, is one of the best fishing experiences someone can have. I've been to a few places like that in my life and I have photographs of them stored away in my head that I can bring up like it was yesterday.

I'm glad you enjoy the signature, I've honestly wondered a few times whether it really makes sense to anybody but me! :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.