Fly Fishing Forum banner

Grande Cascapedia today!

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  QuebecSporting 
#1 · (Edited)
Today, Mother's Day..I ran away from home to explore the Grande Casca....

She is a little high ...but she will be BEAUTIFUL to fish very soon!

Tight Lines,

Ann:)

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Rivers, you said???

Morning Pat,
Well, I guess I'm a little curious and I like to explore new waters. ...... there are many other rivers in this area... ( see photo)

What's great is that if one is fishing bad ( low levels etc.) I have a back up river to satisfy my fishing addiction :hehe:

Only problem I have now, not one of then is open yet!! :confused:

Have a great day!!

A..
:D

#8 ·
Yes, that's a problem. However, in as much as you are turning us green with envy with all those gorgeous photos, there is some consolation in the fact that you too "must wait till Christmas" to open the package.:hehe:
On the serious side, If I draw a beat for two does the price listed apply to the beat or to each angler?

#9 ·
Fishing beats

When you are drawn, it's always for 2 anglers. But, you can come alone...
You will be charged for only 1 angler.....

Most rivers are divided in sectors for 2-4-6-8-or 10 anglers only.
Rates ( depending on river you are fishing) are between:
$ 50.00 USD to $ 150.00 USD and some higher / angler. (without guide )
Thus, if you draw 2 rods for a $ 50.00 sector, then you each pay $ 50.00. If you choose to come alone ( you only pay for one angler).

It also does not mean the higher the price, the better the pool... The trick is to know where the fish are, the levels, fishing pressure etc.....
There are also "open waters", meaning no reservations needed...
Excellent pools to fish too!!

Bonne Journée!! (Have a nice day!)

:D

A..

#10 ·
Beats??? What are beats...reservations to fish a certain area of a river? When are the draws and who is eligible to enter them? Do you have to be a resident? Don't all the lodges have most of the rivers leased, anyway? What percent of the rivers are "open" or "free" water?

#11 · (Edited)
Morning Chare

Yes, beats are reserved sectors on a river.

The draws!

Pre-Season
This draw takes place November 1 of every year. Resident and non-resident can apply.
You are allowed to register 10 times for 1 river at $ 6.00 / registration. If you are drawn, they will call you three weeks later to choose 2 days for 2 anglers on one or two sectors (beats) of this river. ( 50% of the space available on the reserved sectors are sold through this draw)
The other 50% is sold through the:
48 hr draw
Every morning (during the fishing season) the 48 hr draw takes place. In Gaspé for the York, Dartmouth & S-Jean rivers, it's at 11:00am. You can only register once at $2.00/ registration. If your name is drawn you are allowed 2 rods (anglers) on the sector you won. If you did not win, then you can still fish the
Open waters
The York and Dartmouth offer sectors where no reservation is needed. You can buy a daily pass and fish York Sectors 1-5-7-10 ( presently fish are holding in 5-7- 10) and Dartmouth 1-3-5 ( fish are now holding in 3-5).
As for leased waters, in Gaspé, there are 2 lodges where they have their own private waters, but not the whole river....... One lodge is on the lower York and the other on the upper St-Jean. The rest is all open to public.
Open waters are not free..... cost $ 56.35+tx CDN to fish. If for example you fish York open, you can move around on all sectors, that is, 1-5-7-10. roughly 40 pools to explore.

Photo: York "open waters" June 2004
Have a great day!

Ann

#15 ·
Hi again!

It's 10 times on each river you want to fish, your name can only be drawn once and it gives you 2 days fishing for 2 anglers. Thus if you are 2 fishing buddies participating to these draws, you then have 4 days fishing.
The York, Dartmouth and St-Jean rivers all open June 1 to September 30th.
I recommend the York & Dartmouth for the first 2 weeks in June.

Bonsoir! (Good Evening!)

Cheers! :)

Ann

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.