Fly Fishing Forum banner

Cracked the code - vacuum sealing bags

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Warren 
#1 ·
On a whim I tried a strip of vacuum sealer bag material on the open edge of a regular baggie. Since half the $50/box vacuum bag is flat I figured the diamond grid must be the operative surface, so laid that inside the opening of the bag and it worked just like the more expensive cousin.

The pricey bags are boilable and machine washable where normal bags are not, but who the hell washes bags. The benefit of this approach is that using a 1" strip instead of the whole bag will make one box last 10-15 years or more I would imagine.

FYI

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Haha funny guys! That was all of a 10 second revelation, didn't skip a beat from what I was doing... packing meats from a Costco run for freezing since I will be gone fishing for salmon by tomorrow morning and floating the Deschutes not long thereafter for steelhead in Oregon, two business trips coming up in the next few weeks etc.

My card reader has been surgically attached to the mac processing hundreds of pics I took at daughters wedding this past weekend so it was only a momentary diversion from the hustle and bustle.

So my bid for a Nobel Peace Prize is shot then? :hihi:

#5 ·
it appears that juro has finally succumbed and therefor due, no, overdue for a lengthy rest where the stress caused by the complications of whimsical baggies and other such tormenting and stressful encounters are left to others who are professionally trained to deal with such multifarious complications.

maybe we should have a testimonial for the man who once was, but now is. everyone dress in white.i'll bring the butterfly net.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.