Fly Fishing Forum banner

BIG BROTHER DAY 2010 - June 19th?

5K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
Molly has suggested June 19th this year. Keep in mind Father's Day is the 20th (Sunday).

We need volunteers to take the kids fishing, they don't have a Father's Day per se so I am sure this will be good timing to take their mind off of that.

We'll meet at the refuge and take the kids fishing on Morris Island. There will be a shore lunch and wiffle ball game as well. It will be fun and your costs are tax deductible.

Please RSVP to confirm that you'll be keeping this tradition going strong in 2010.

See less See more
#11 ·
Checked the schedule and I am FREE to participate. Hopefully I can get the sand out of the action of my cheap surf casting reel that I brought to the last one I attended- as much time as we spend trying to teach the kids how to fly cast, we might also want to spend a few seconds reminding them NOT to put the reels (spinning or fly) down on the sand:roll:
Flydoc

#12 ·
Great looking crew shaping up for this event! The kids will be elated but we can still may need more. I'll find out this week.

I'll also take the following actions -

1) follow up with Molly Dinsmore at BB for their headcount
2) stop in at Monomoy to introduce myself to the new mgmt (Mike Brady is now in AK)
3) pick up the usual gummy fish and prize packs

Mentors are invited to my place for Chatham-style barbeque dinner after the event.

#16 ·
Juro,

Do you know when the fishing part of the event is supposed to start? Just wondering what time I need to be at the refuge. I know they have done the nature walk first sometimes.

Q

#20 ·
Hey sorry guys - been in corporate for meetings and don't get up for air much this week. I will talk to Molly over at BB to see where things stand.

Post later, thanks and looking forward to this weekend! Fishing has been very good!

#21 ·
Molly reports 11 pairs (22 needing assistance). If we don't get 11 mentors we can double up as we have in the past. I'll take a final headcount later this evening so please update your RSVP's.

Weather is looking good, fishing has been good as well although migration is still on so they are moving.

Location will be the Monomoy Refuge, fishing will be in the afternoon after lunch on the beach during the incoming at the same location as last year - the bluffs at Morris right of the stairs.

More info to come.

#24 ·
Still in

Juro- I'm still in. I picked up an extra spin cast rod at Goose Hummock today, so should have two spin cast and two fly rods on hand.

Warren- Sorry to hear about your friend in KC. Safe travel, buddy. Hope to see you again soon for some happier times and a few brews.

Flydoc

#25 ·
I'm still in. I'll be at Morris Island sometime in the morning and will fish up until showtime. Should be a great day for it!

I wasn't there last year, so when you say the bluffs to the right of the stairs, how far to the right are we talking? By the mansions before the first corner? Or down near the entrance to Stage Harbor?

Q

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.