Fly Fishing Forum banner

Big Brother Day?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  grizz0707 
#1 · (Edited)
Juro,

Do we have a tentative date for the Big Brother Day? Is it still on for this year? I think the earlier we get on this the better. Seems to me that with the Monomoy issues and last years low turn out (volunteer wise, we had plenty of Bigs and Littles) it might be good to get a discussion going. I obviously hope to make it this year and can help organize.

Sean

#2 ·
Sean -

Very good point! I have been playing phone tag with Heather during the off season but there is no time like the present to get this started. There is a new coordinator who will take most of the duties this year with Heather, Daisy Gomez.

I want to do this on Fathers Day weekend, if not Fathers Day. To me this is an important aspect for a number of reasons.

This year we have some welcomed support from a Federal Grant awarded to the Monomoy Refuge for this event.

I really hope we can get a solid showing from the Forum membership in the New England area this year. It was tough last year with so few mentors but we pulled it off.

For me, this is one of the defining moments of the Flyfishing Forum - even more so than the fishing indulgence that we partake in.

Sean, I will include you in all correspondence with Big Brothers. Thanks for stepping up.

#3 ·
Chris and I are available for a Father's Day-Big Brother Day. Maybe, my other son, Brad.

Keep us posted and thanks again for taking the helm for exposing the inner city youths to "A Salty Piece of Land." In case you haven't read that book by Jimmy Buffett, you get it! Its about the Bahamas, bonefish, permit, tarpon, etc., but a novel with a great storyline.

#5 ·
Yes, as my father previously stated. I am available, and looking forward to it. I was unable to attend last year because I live so far away, but I went the year before that. To those who have not gone yet, I reccomend it. It was great to see those kids who have never really had a chance to be standing knee deep in water with their jaws hanging down and enjoying the beauty around them.

Thank you Juro for spearheading this event. It's great for the kids, it is great for the forum, and it is great for us.

See ya in June,
Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.