Fly Fishing Forum banner

Any other passionate fly fishers?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Eric 
#1 ·
Hope everyone is doing well! This is my first post here, as I recently joined. I live in Cape Cod, MA, and I do a lot of fishing for Striped Bass, both from shore and boat, Bluefin Tuna, and trout. My new job has me travelling to all sorts of places, so I am interested in meeting some new people. I will be travelling to Portland OR and Vancouver BC, and I would love to hook up with some cool people to go fishing. If anyone will be in the MA area, feel free to drop me a line... or drop me a line anyways! It would be nice to meet some new people and learn more about the fishing others do in different places.

#2 ·
Hi, Mike,

Welcome to the Forum. There are many passionate fly-fishers in the Portland area, and I'm sure one or more will get ahold of you. Responses may not appear here, but will probably arrive via Personal Message.

Anyway, steelhead in the Portalnd area can be found both in Oregon and southwestern Washington. Fishing for summer runs should be heating up coincident with the runs of Pacific salmon.

Good luck in finding some Portland/Vancouver angler/hosts. These "cultural exchanges" have worked very well in the past.

Again, welcome,

Cheers,

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.