Fly Fishing Forum banner

New PB - 10x(3+20+20)

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  fishnwithfly 
#1 ·
That's ten time round a mini-circuit of:

3 mins rope jumping + 20 pushups + 20 crunches

No stopping except for a quick slug of h20 - max 30 seconds between circuits.

Total time about 50 mins - I tended to lose count of minutes jumped so did a few extras....

Burned a bunch o' calories and chalked up a new PB:smokin:

#2 ·
Wow that's pretty intense! I am going to have to step up my regimen.

The jump rope is something I know is a great workout but haven't incorporated yet.

Come to think of it my brother the doctor bought me a pro-training type leather jump rope with the wooden handles (a serious looking thing) when he noticed I was a bit rotund a few years back, I think I will find that and start using it.

#4 ·
Woke up with a sore knee this morning :rolleyes:

Not serious - been there before but this time I'll give it a couple of days before pounding the boards again.

The jump rope has become the cornerstone of my workout regimen over tha past year. When I'm working with a trainer, we do jump sets during the "rest" periods between lifting different weights.

Lifting weights actually raises your metabolic rate for several hours after the workout finishes so its great. I try to balance the aerobic and anaerobic elements. Circuit training is a useful compromise when the schedule is tight.

Non FF commercial plug - check out "Buddy Lee Jump Rope" on google.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.