Fly Fishing Forum banner

Missouri River out of Craig MT is the place to be

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  FLGator 
#1 ·
I've been guiding the Mo in MT the last week and each day has been excellent. The fish are really eating baetis, caddis nymphs and emergers exceptionally well. we are having to run em 8 to 10 ft off the indicator. the rainbows are spunky and are all 15 to 19 inches, we stuck a few brownies over the 22 inch range.
Its a great option right now and will be for another month. Dry fly action is good in certain spots, and kind of slow on sunny days but it will pop shortly. I've been guiding the dam all the way to Pelican point so the whole river is fishing, there are less boats down low but not as many fish.
hope you can get out there, cya

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The Missouri River in MT is a fantastic destination. Having first hand experience in the region I highly recommend Headhunters Fly Shop for all of your Missouri River needs. Hands down the finest experience on the Missouri and for your trout fishing needs. Service that is earned every time: Headhunters Fly Shop. Great web site with an up to date fishing report and extremely well done blog. Incredible photography too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.