Fly Fishing Forum banner

5/11 Elbow revisited

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Stevo 
#1 ·
The weather was supposed to turn partly cloudy with a max of seven knots wind.
NOT!!!!!!! Fog most of the morning with a fifeteen or so knot breeze and misty eyeglasses. Didn't matter to me. I was fishing with a fellow Forum member who is one of the best examples of why we all joined the Flyfishing Forum in the first place. Humble as he is, he showed me many of his favorite spots in the South Beach area and shared his food as well as his incredible collection of winter tied
bass candy. Catch fish? Bet your bass! I won't get into numbers but suffice to say, my arm is very sore and the tennis elbow is showing signs of reappearing. I hope all of get a chance to spend the quality time on the water with a mentor from the Forum as I did yesterday. Give you a hint. His license plate reads FLYFSB. If you see him, honk your horn and pull him over! He will be glad to share all information he has on fishing the Cape. Thanks R.. .........!

Phil

#3 ·
Bonefishmon - Had the same weather forecast so I took a vacation day to fish SB, only to see fog and more wind than forecasted. It was a fish catching day, for every 10 fish I landed one was over 20". In all 6 fish over 20" with my big fish of the day at 27" and the other 5 at 22"- 24". The fish are in all the usual places this time of the year.

Craig

#5 ·
Hey Ron! Thanks again for your company on such a lousy weather day. I look forward to many more. Good thing those weather guys #*!+ up so often or we'd be home reading the paper instead. Or worse........work!!!!!!! LOL!

PS: If you are having one of those skunk situtions as we all do from time to time, go fishing with Ron (Paxton) and he'll get the skunk out right quick! Worked twice for me!

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.