Fly Fishing Forum banner

Metrosexual revisited

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  loco_alto 
#1 ·
After spending the past couple of weeks repairing leaks in a pair of 6 year old waders only to have them spring a new and worst leak the next day I decided to purchase a new pair.

One of the items listed in our original list of things that might suggest you have a tendency towards metrosexualism was a brand spanking new pair of G3 waders. Well, after spending a few minutes on the phone with a slick salesman I find myself the proud owner of a shiny new set of G3s.

OH, the shame.

Next purchase will be the Oilskin steelhead cowboy hat.

#9 ·
KerryS...

When you put off fishing to attend a regional chardonnay sampling/dinner/fundraiser you'll know you're metrosexual. For now, just make sure you drink Coors while standing bankside in your new waders and you should be alright.

#14 ·
That would make him look like a giant banana!

My handle "loco alto" was earned during some time spent in Chile, because of my tall height and go for it attitude in the bush. Crazy tall one.

A friend of mine had all yellow rain gear. Yellow fisherman's cap, yellow slicker, yellow rain paints, yellow rubber boots. He looked like a giant banana in the rain forest. He was called "loco platano" or "crazy banana"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.