Fly Fishing Forum banner

4000 Post Prize

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
Juro..didn't you tell me that I get a free Two handed Fly Rod you have been testing lately when I reached 4000th post???? I could swear you said that!:devil:

#4 ·
Stri,

You must have a very special post in your mind for number 4000. A magnificant event in the annals of the forum. Your probably formulating the details right now. I am sure it will have many photos, or maybe a slide show, some fireworks and a few other items we can't think of right now. The key is to keep count and not make any frivolous posts like replying to this post. Just like going for that 70th homerun or 50th goal. I will be watching and when you get to 3999 I hope everyone will join in with some pre-4000 posts. A countdown of sorts. :D

#5 ·
John,
Congratulations,
You have no idea how much fun I have had the past year reading your posts, especially in the off season when all I wanted to think about was fishing the Cape!
I still have a long way to go to reach 4K posts, actually I have a long way to go to get to 100 posts!
See ya Sat!
DK
PS. Juro may give you his pink boa, instead of the 2 handed fly rod wonder. It would compliment your fishing attire quite well, especially if you headed out towards P.town!

#8 · (Edited)
If the leaders of this Board have ANY gumption...

Strub., the truth is in the moment. But for the first guy to hit a 4 and Triple Zeros ......

But for YOU ONLY a one time offer. Hot pokers, rip my nails from my fingers ... and it will all be the truth ... until I bit the pill. You gave me all the details ages ago; think you even had it in writing . Damn!!! You sent it to me to read and now I can't find the Bloody Thing; but I'll find it, so not too worry. But my word is my Bond in these matters.

I'm sure Juro has something large, impressive .. and hardly worth saying ... expensive, in mind for you. Hay, a First is a First? Right Juro????

:smokin:

#10 ·
Fred -

Not sure I quite followed all of your post, but you do know we made an investment in the budding Mayor back when his post count was a "paltry" 2000 or so... ;) ;)

but you're right it's time for another one to keep him going until 6000!

I'll submit the idea to the moderators.

#11 ·
Juro- Speaking of post counts, what happened to yours? I seem to remember a few months back that you were a few thousand more than you have now....did something get lost in the transfer to a new server?

Not that it probably matters to you. We all know how long you've been doing this. I'm just curious.

#15 ·
I am just kidding about the prize Juro....(But Fred E. has a great memory :devil: ),,,, Yes the CAC sign is worth 10000 posts.... It is agreat memory from a great group of guys...those I have met and those I have not though the posts... I am looking for my FIRST post back when to be the 4000.... I think it was the one where I was trying to orgainize the first rip trip and asking the members if they knew anybody by the name of Jurbu, Geerru,Jeuro.... (although I had met Juro years ago several times but could not put the face with name..... See.... ya.... that's the ticket...my memory is bad... I would go with what Fred E. says... that's proof.)

#22 ·
Thanks Sean... I don't want to get mushy...but you and Juro , and if I missed anyone including Dana have been the the creators of a medium that have created a lot of frendships. I expect to be around until the forum hard drive, or what ever you call it... is begging me to stop... If that's the case well I will have to use the mail or telephone... but that is not as much fun...thanks for the great work here . All I can say right now is ." beware of strange and new patterns this winter"....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.