Fly Fishing Forum banner

FA's at Chatham Light

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DennisS 
#1 · (Edited)
This is not my report in the first person ...but I said to Penguin I would drop the news since he will not get to his computer for a while... Anyway...Pete calls me on the cell phone on the way back from South Beach and I can hear Adrian hooting it up in the background in the passanger seat. They said they had several blitzes of Albes ..at the point at the Chatham light house today...Interesting... albes on the ocean side and not just on the south side at Stage habor...That's bodes well for our rip trip. They did not land any but the fish were scooting between their legs while wading the bars at the point...hook ups but no lands. A local friend Leon Long called and told me he was at the rip looking for bass today and could not get to the bass down deep... He was using a spinning rod and all he caught were "pain in the butt Albes and blues". Also..Adrian got a ticket today at the parking spot..can't figure it out...made be they are hitting out od state cars

#2 ·
I had two small pods of FA's within casting distance this past Tuesday on the ocean side of South Beach, about a half mile south of the RR drop off. No hook ups but nice to see. A few schoolie bass was all I had to show for about a six hour walk from the light.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.