Fly Fishing Forum banner

Newcomer to Yak fleet

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GregD 
#1 ·
Well I can finally go out and fish in my own Kayak a Ocean Kayak Prowler (15.4). Can't wait to access alot of new water with this thing. I still haven't taken it out for it's maiden voyage yet. Might have to stop down at Watchill/Napatree tonight and give it a go. Just in time for the fall migration I can't wait! ;)

Tight Lines,

Greg.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice lookin' rig Greg :smokin:

I would be out there with you but I'm getting ready for the Baja trip - leaving Wednesday. There's a lot of paddling time left this season.

I've heard tell of spots in the RI vicinity that fish well into December - sometimes January.

"Have dry-suit will paddle" :D

#3 ·
Hi Adrian,

Yea it's a nice Kayak, alittle long and heavy to lift over your head to load however.
I took it out on it maiden voyage and flipped it over in the shallow to find where that point was. It's a very stable Kayak too me, I had to try to flip it for the most part. Boy can you sneak up on the fish! My son Brandon can't wait to fish out of it, he wants the 13ft Prowler for Xmas. Hopefully we'll be able to find a used demo somewhere.

Good luck on your Baja trip wish I could carry your suitcase(s), sounds like a great time. Perhaps we can hit RI when you and I get back from our trips. I'll be in Florida for a week leaving wednesday also.

Nick & Fishhawk, JimW etc... let's tenatively plan Rhody Clave for later in October if we can swing it.

Thanks,
Greg.

#4 ·
Greg,
Nice work! Looks like a sweet ride. I'd love to get down to RI for a clave, even if it ends up being last weekend in October. Can have some nice days down there and paddling is always good! Good luck, and get some scales on the deck! Ever notice how on shore people constantly cast out as far as possible and on a boat, people are trying to get at close to the shore as possible....enter the KAYAK!!

Nick

#5 ·
Hi Nick,

I think I could get out for at least half a day on or after the 17th if your available. If there are still stripers on Monomoy flats I would love to paddle around there too. If not the Canal, Plymouth or RI should still have fish too. Either way it would be nice to have someone around to learn from and get a photo of my first fish from a Kayak. Hopefully we can get out and fish before the end of October, hope to fish each weekend into November weather permitting of course.

I'm looking forward to exploring the Kayak zone, the spot in between how far you can cast from shore and what larger boats can access. ;)

Thanks,
Greg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.