Book Review: Fly Rodding Estuaries - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Marine Scientist

Book Review: Fly Rodding Estuaries

Picked up this great book by Ed Mitchell a few weeks ago and have just finished it. This is one of the most informative books on fishing the estuarine ecosystem and various subsets thereof that I've come across. A great deal of time is spent in each section discussing the best times to fish with regards to tide, time of day, season, etc., enough to save someone some serious time out on the water waiting for the fish to show up. Considerations are given to prevalent game fish and forage, as well as some information on fly patterns and equipment. In short, this book was well worth the $15 I paid for it. I liked it so much that I've just received another of Mitchell's books, Fly Fishing the Saltwater Shoreline ($23); a preliminary look indiactes that it's as informative as Estuaries. Mitchell has another book, Fly Rodding the Coast , that's available for roughly $14. For those of us in the Northeast, where Mitchell makes his home, these books are a great value.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.