Rate your warmwater season - Fly Fishing Forum
Warmwater flyfishing Bass, pike and even muskies in your backyard

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2003, 01:15 PM
Fly chucker

Rate your warmwater season

I'd like to hear how everyone thinks this year was for them with the warmwater fishing compared to years past. For me, it was stellar. While I didn't land any true trophies, the purchase of a boat that only drafts 9" of water made it possible for me to explore new waters and get to spots that before I could only look at and wonder about.

The pike fishing was good, and I found some spots to check later this fall and early next spring. The smallies and largemouths were decent, and the panfish were too numerous to mention. On the average, they seemed to be a bit larger this year.

I only fished my local quarry pond once this year. Ordinarily I hit this spot about once every other week or so, but having the boat for the first year gave me wander lust. I suppose those quarry fish needed a break from me anyway.

So, how about the rest of you who chase warmwater fish?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.