Happy Holidays & Thanks
As we hopefully rocket towards the first spring trout and schoolies I just wanted to extend my sincere thanks to Juro and the rest of the crew for the BEST season of my life.
Juro's intent was to create a community of comrades whose passion for fly-fishing would break down the barriers we all put up or run into every day. As I remember my season and the friends I made and re-connected with, I would have to argue that he has accomplished this.
- Being laid off and having the cape to myself weekdays.
- Landing my first keeper Striper (ever) with Juro in the spring
- an incredible day in Barnstable with Terry & trying to stretch the success out at the Bass River - only to get skunked
- looking for more fish with Nate at the spring clave
- fishing P-town with the Esteys, AL & Greg during the Monomoy clave
- miles and miles of wandering Monomoy with Juro, Bigcat, DaveP, BrianZ
- having South beach to myself during one of the early shuttles & finding fish where I knew they would be
- Rip Trips
- Big Girl
- Pete from Calgary clearing a knot for me as I fought a cow on a Rip Trip
- watching Bigcat keep pulling in fish on the Rip while we were getting skunked
- meeting Mr. Morin
Too many more to list and I don't want to bore you with the rantings of a depraved striper junkie.
I wish you all a safe & happy holiday!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Happy Holidays!||kennebecfly||Stripers and Coastal Gamefish||5||12-24-2003 02:33 PM|
|Happy Holidays||Paxton||Stripers and Coastal Gamefish||1||12-19-2003 11:05 AM|
|Happy Holidays!||mikez||Stripers and Coastal Gamefish||0||11-28-2003 09:51 AM|
|Happy Holidays!||saltydog||>> Archive: Striper (etc) Flies||1||11-27-2002 01:20 PM|
|Happy Holidays||grego||Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion||2||12-11-2000 06:12 PM|