Spey & Dee Fly Library - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
>> Archive: Salmon & Steelhead Flies Spey flies to mixed wings, new innovations

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2003, 11:09 AM

My Spey flies look nothing like those by purpose. They are going to end up in a log jam or tree anyway so ones that beautiful are not practical for me. If I could tie them that nice I could never fish them effectively, not taking the needed deep drift risks to reach the fish.

See you have been at TSS also.

Who is the Supervisor ?

PM Out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2003, 02:12 PM
removed_by_request

You are supervisor, at least you said you were a while back.

Check TSS twice a month to see what is up, don't have a handle there and never will.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:47 PM

Really, you never know who is who in cyber world, do you ?

Things are still slow up north in WI and MI compared to what they normally should be at this time.

Scary

PM Out
Old 04-08-2003, 03:29 PM
removed_by_request

It is not hard to track someone down, if the system logs your IP like TSS does. Thats why I would never post there, along with the stupid infighting amongest user's.

Hopefully they will not find this fortress of solitude.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:33 PM

Its pretty quiet there now, I think the traffic is way down compared to what it used to be.

PM Out
Old 04-08-2003, 04:57 PM

Traffic flow....

Traffic is down because everybody is too busy catchin' fish, not just talkin' about it!

BobK
Old 04-08-2003, 05:16 PM

No not out here yet.

Nothing like it should be, I will be coming out to your Lake Ontario tribs soon for the steelies and browns if it does not turn around here.

Are the lights on their yet, see you are in a state of emergency up there.

PM Out
Old 04-08-2003, 07:39 PM

Yup!

My lights never went out (except a few times for a minute at a time). Had my youngest daughter, her husband, and their kids here for a few days, as their power was gone. Lights were on for one block north of me - but that was it! The rest of the power was off from there to Lake O. (about 10+ miles north), and spotty south of here. STILL a lot of people without electricity - probably until this weekend.

I had my kerosene heater filled, and my (camping) propane lantern and propane stove ready to go. I just MAY pick up a generator after the rush dies down - maybe this fall when the prices come back to normal, and they are gathering dust in the stores. Surprising how many people don't think of emergencies until they happen. BTW, also make sure you have a CO monitor handy when running these things - a surprising number of people have died during this time by using an UNVENTED generator - kerosene and propane can do the same thing! Make sure you know what you are doing!

My daughter's power was off for almost three days, but fortunately, my other daughter's power was OK, otherwise we would have had problems sleeping like sardines in a can!

Looked like a war zone out there, with trees down everywhere, and wires hanging all over the place.

To add insult to injury, it snowed 4+ inches last night, and flurries all day today. Weird weather!

Hopefully, it will warm up permanently this weekend!

I hope to give you a report on fishing, once the streams go down after this latest input.

BobK

PS - Hal, will keep you informed on my trip to the B'kill - maybe you would be interested in joining ??? I will warn you - I will be camping, will be eating canned chili, drinking some snakebite medicine, (even have a jar of snakes in case I can't find any) and I snore! But it IS a chance to sit around a fire, cuss, not shave, not wash every five minutes, loudly release gas, tell raunchy jokes, and also get some excellent dry fly fishing on "hallowed" water!
Old 04-15-2003, 05:54 PM

Bobk

Camping on the B'kill, I'm envious. Are you going in early June thats the time as I remember for the Hendricksons and Red Quills hatch ?

Did I ever tell you about the afternoon I picked off about 8 nice 13-15 inch browns during a henny hatch. Working upstream through this long pool picked off each one that was rising in their different feeding stations.

One of those memorable trout fishing days when the hatch was on you had the right fly and everything went right.

Released them all of course.

Don't worry I can handle hard core camping, you don't think I am a winny poo do you.

LOL

PM Out
Old 04-15-2003, 07:07 PM

Hal - just checking...

There's an old saying when I am camping. It defines "fishing creel" as a funny dance done on the way to the tent after imbibing too much Yukon Jack!:hehe:

BobK
Old 04-19-2003, 10:47 PM

Ensure the room is quiet where your PC is located, find a nice comfortable chair, have your favorite beverage ready, click on the above link, and sit back and enjoy the piano concerto and beautiful spey flies.

Beautiful touch !

The music was just added in the last couple of days.

PM Out
Old 04-20-2003, 11:53 AM
JD

Thumbs down piano concerto?

Should be (bag) pipes, or at least traditional Scottish fiddle music

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.