Neoprene Fanny Pack = Dry Gear - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Neoprene Fanny Pack = Dry Gear

I stumbled across a neoprene fanny pack while perusing an online catalog.

I picked one up to slip on the belt of my stripping basket so I would have extra storage, out of the way, while I wade. I just spin my stripping basket around behind me when I want to access it. It's large enough to hold a phone, some essential tools, some ostrich jerky(one of my favorites) and a few flyboxes with some room to spare. I'd compare it to a good sized chest pack.

The best part is the waterproof nature of the pack. It isn't 100% waterproof because it has a normal zipper across the top. The zipper is covered by a neoprene flap that secures on either size with velcro, though. That keeps spray and or downpours from getting in the pack. This all adds up to being able to wade up to the small of my back without getting anything I'm carrying wet. Not a bad deal if you ask me. I'm just not a fan of chestpacks because they get in my way.

I sent the company an email to inquire if they wanted to become a sponsor. Therefore, pending their reply to Juro, I won't post the retailers name, or, the manufacturer for that matter. If anyone wants info they can PM or email me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.