Ontario Tribs Report - Fly Fishing Forum
Great Lakes Steelhead & Salmon Amazing "Inland ocean" fisheries

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2002, 01:03 PM

Talking Ontario Tribs Report

Took last week off for a trip to NY to fish various Lake Ontario tribs for lake run browns and steelhead.

Stopped in Pulaski on Sunday to fish the DSR in a snowstorm. Only 7 cars in the lot! Lots of fresh steelhead in the river of which I landed 2 out of 5 hookups. I also broke my Sage while fighting a fish which cut the day short.

Next 3 days fished the Oak Orchard and various other small creeks in the Rochester area. Highlights included an 11# hen which hammered an egg pattern at my feet and a 15# buck which fell for a wolly bugger at Oak Orchard. Lots of people on the water. All fish released.

Met up w/Fishyboy and Talented Willie for a few more days on the Salmon river in Pulaski. Cold weather and bright sunshine slowed things down considerably. Not many people hooking up but I managed a 17# buck on a 1 for 4 outing on Thursday. Friday and Saturday were really slow with the crowds and I was lucky enough to go 1 for 1 and 1 for 2 on consecutive days.

All in all, loads of fun on the river and a few laughs with some of the finer gentlemen I have had the pleasure to fish with.

Once I figure out how to post pictures I will try to get the photos up.

Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.