Hi-Tie Technique? - Fly Fishing Forum
>> Archive: Striper (etc) Flies Tricks of the trade

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2002, 03:03 PM

Question Hi-Tie Technique?

I purchased a bunch of Puglisi EZ Fibre earlier this summer which I mistakenly intended to use for Reel Eel and Clouser-style patterns. Those who have tried tying these patterns with EZ Fibre have probably discovered (as I now have) that the stuff just doesn't work for this application. I now have an impressive aresenal of super hair, so problem solved.

Thing is - I now have a ton of EZ Fibre sitting on my tying desk. I know that this stuff must have some application for tying baitfish patterns but haven't' quite figured it out yet.

Can anyone provide some direction on how to use this material properly? I have heard of Hi-Tie techniques but don't really know what this means....is this when you fold the material back on itself and lash down in the middle?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

BigDave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.