Dyna-King Kingfisher Vise
Bought this as a travel vise to tuck in my checked luggage.
1. Cam locking jaws (just like the Barracuda).
2. Lots of weight on the pedestal base model.
3. Solidly built, good aesthetics.
1. Rotary, but can't keep the shank on axis the way you can with others like the Barracuda or the Renzetti. This is overcome if you can tie on a hook that is pointing on the same axis as the vise pointing up at about 30 degrees.
2. On the rotary function the tension control is attained by use of an allen wrench (that didn't come with the vise). The tension is a bit much even with the tension piece almost all the way out. Any recommendations on how to loosen this up (before I call Ron Abbey)?
3. Great vise for tying my bonefish patterns, but anything more than a 1/0 or 2/0 hook and I think it might be over-powered.
I bought this vise after selling my Barracuda because of portability and space. I have a Renzetti Master that stays at home for tying here. Unfortunately, there's only one fly shop here on Oahu and they didn't carry this vise, so after self-debating for about 2 months I went ahead and bought it.
For the rest of you folk who live in places where it's starting to thaw, I'd tie on a few flies on this vise before buying it.
Take care all,
Listen to your kids after you ask them what they did today.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Dyna King Squire Vice||Andre D||For Sale by Owner||0||12-12-2005 02:58 PM|
|Dan-Vise/Dyna King Kingfisher||wayne||Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here||7||02-22-2005 09:19 PM|
|Dyna King||jimh||Warmwater flyfishing||1||11-24-2004 11:19 PM|
|Dyna-King Questions||dmas||Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here||4||08-10-2004 06:56 AM|
|Renzetti or Dyna King||Willie Gunn||Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here||17||11-24-2002 10:24 PM|