Fly Fishing Forum banner

Help on costa rica sportfishing ?

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  JR SPEY 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I am a new user here and very much interested in fishing. Searching for the good forum in the web for fishing finally I reach here. I want to ask the experts here. I want to know details on costa rica sportfishing. I heard a lot about this and very much interested on this. Please anyone who have idea tell me some about costa rica fishing. I will be more than thankful as I am planning to visit there in my coming holiday. Thank you.

#2 ·
Costa Rica

Hi. Welcome to the board. I've fished in CR several times. I might be able to help you. To do so, you should provide some additional information. First, where in CR are you going to be? What type of fishing are you most interested in doing? There's offshore on the Pacific side, inshore on the Pacific side, and quite a bit of tarpon fishing on the rivers and inshore on the Atlantic side. There's even, believe it not, some decent trout fishing in the mountains. Understand that if you are going to be in San José, you'll be several hours from either coast. The more information you can provide us, the more accurate information we can come up with for you.

#4 ·
CR

Unfortunately, other than being aware that it exists, I have no information on the details of such a trip. During my trips there I only did saltwater fishing. You might try to Google "Trout Fishing in Costa Rica" to see what pops up. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.