12" herring! - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
>> Archive: Striper (etc) Flies Tricks of the trade

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 07:46 PM
fish'n Hobo

Steve
depending on fly size....take a medium to large piece of EZ BODY, corsair or similiar tubing and slide a 2" long piece over the fly shank. Secure at the eye end. fold the tubing back over itself and tie in at first tie point. you can pull and push this folded section to gain the profile you want. tie in material in front of spreader. Can be kinky fiber, yak, fox, goat, feathers etc. you can spread GOOP or CCG on the tubing face. Pull back and seat the materials in to the Goop or CCG. Form a thin transparent veil going backward to form the body. Trim as required. If CCG ....hit it with the UV light. If goop...just let it dry. Secure eyes with goop or CCG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 10:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to highway61
Thanks Jim,

I am going to give it a try tonight. I think I understand your instructions but might PM you if I run into a problem.

Steve
Old 05-07-2011, 09:39 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to sickb4st4rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEC54
... calls for heavy artillery,and heavy grain armements,15' 10wt throwing a 700-750 grain skagit with various length sinking tips. I'm currently on the look out for a 11/12 wt meat stick, .....
I have a Loop Opti Zpey 13' 9/10 which I don't use much and needs a good home. It throws any 700+ and up skagit head with 100gr+ tips like a B17 Fortress on a mission and is truly a beast of a rod, should I bring it for you to try out? At the risk of getting sink tips stuck in the far bank rip rap?

This is way more rod than I normally have a use for these days on normal waters, and hate to have it just sitting here in the corner.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:45 AM

By the sounds of it, I will be under sized with rod, line, and flies. Still looking forward to it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.