switch rod - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 08:26 AM

switch rod

I'm thinking of buying a switch rod and am trying to decide between the T.F.O. and the Beulah switch rods . Any advice would be greatly appreciated .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2011, 08:45 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to sickb4st4rd
Compare stories on the warranties/service, that could affect your final choice.

I have TFO 9wt and 4wt switch rods and really love them. One thing to note is the TFO are what I would say, a "slow" action (and I'm not sure about the Beulah's action) the rods have a nice slow bend. I started out with Skagit which I suppose was suited to this, without me knowing much a couple years ago. Now I'm trying more Scandi and on certain days, I wish for some slightly faster tapers. I'll be trying out some Beulah switches at the next Spey Nation, I'm really curious about them now.

-harold

PS - for the TFO 9wt I lined it with Meiser/SGS Skandit kit which is wonderful and absolutely dialed in for the rod. I also have a Airflo Compact Scandi 540gr for it which should probably have been a 500-520gr after all. The 9wt is a beast of a rod, section 1 is reminiscent of a single hand 12wt. People also swear by the Beulah Elixir lines for these rods or even the Orvis Switch line which IIRC is a Beulah elixir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.