Sharks and bonefish - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2008, 09:31 AM

Sharks and bonefish

In summer I seem to loose more bonefish to lemon sharks (than in other seasons), and I finelly learned how to get a lemon shark to give it up. Jump on it! I can understand why folks might be apprehensive about this, as I was when first shown how, but lemons simply do not have the instinct to do anything other than flee when stepped on. They WILL NOT bite.
So next time you can get close enough to a lemon bird-dogging your hooked fish, run up to it and jump on it, and he's out of there, all thoughts of your bonefish forgotten.
It really works and is really not at all dangerous to the angler. However, make sure you're sure of that second dorsal, as I wouldn't advise jumping on the back of a bull shark, but those are much rarer on the bonefish flats.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.