Gearing up for small streams/ creeks - Fly Fishing Forum
The Quintessential Trout Trout angling is the core of flyfishing worldwide.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2006, 09:00 PM
6th Year Apprentice

Gearing up for small streams/ creeks

I will be mostly fishing the local small streams this fall and spring - the Weir and Plymouth rivers in Hingham, and maybe the Jones and Eel rivers down in Kingston, and i was looking for kit recommendations.

i figure that these waters are from 15 to 30ft accross, and research on the net suggests that a 8.5/9 foot 4/5# rod with a medium action will do the job . for line i was intending to use a DT if i can get one here

- any thoughts or advice much appreciated. same for likely hatches and flies to use.

also would the same rod suffice for occasional trips to the Deerfield or Swift ? ( or is that another shopping trip ?)

cheers

Mark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.