Saltwater Tippet Question - Fly Fishing Forum
Lines, Loops and Leaders Line / Leader Recipes, Loops, Splices, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2000, 08:30 AM

Saltwater Tippet Question

There's this nasty little voice in the back of my head asking why, why, why did I lose two good fish this weekend? Was it due to a 10# tippet? It was 1 year old fluoro. Could this have been the reason?

I use a simple leader formula of 30# butt section for 50% the length of the leader, a 20# section for 25% of the length and then the 10# tippet for the remaining 25% of the leader.

Last year I used biminis on my butt section to give the leader a little additonal spring. Does anyone think this makes a difference?

What tippet size do you all use?
What leader formulas?
What type of material?

Thanks... Roop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.