Finally, my new boat is ready... - Fly Fishing Forum
Propwash A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour... good times!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2006, 01:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to FLStan
Finally, my new boat is ready...

I'm cutting out of work early this Friday to pick up my new boat, fully outfitted to my specs. It's a new Action Craft 1890 with a 150 Hp Yamaha 4-stroke. I used it two weeks ago when I purchased it and I was down in Pine Island with my wife but it needed to be dropped off after the trip for rigging. Not accepting any compromises, I opted to get a 24V Motorguide with 60" shaft with an in floor on/off switch, compass, on-board 3-bank charger, VHF, Stereo (for the wife), Power Pole with remote, spare tire with spare hub and axle assembly mounted on trailer with lock and GPS Depth sounder (Lowrance 332C) with a thru hull transducer and a separate temperature probe. The boat already had trim tabs and a jack plate installed which sweetened the good deal I had gotten on it

My buddy, Mike, and I plan on giving the newly upgraded rig a good workout, fishing the Stewart, FL area this weekend for snook at night and running the beach in the morning for tarpon. Next week, I'll let you know how I do.

Stan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.