loops in frog hair running line - Fly Fishing Forum
Lines, Loops and Leaders Line / Leader Recipes, Loops, Splices, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2006, 08:57 AM

loops in frog hair running line

Just bought a spool of the new frog hair running line to play with. Its a mono line and seems fairly limp. Hopefully it will perform as advertised and not tangle. Anyway, the stuff is to slick to get a braided mono loop to hold. I found suggestions on the web to use a bimini or perfection loop on this line. But the bimini ties up way to big (maybe thats just my lack of skill wiith this knot) and the perfection loop creates a loop with a fairly ugly lump for a knot. Looping the line back on itself and tieing two nail knots looks like a good solution but the line is so hard the nail knots don't bite well so i'm not sure I trust it. I tried Juro's loop, but the braid over the mono creats a big loop when doubled back, and I not sure if I gain any more strength then I would with just the two nail knots.
Does anyone have any suggestions for creating loops for this line?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.