Two-Handed rod handles - Fly Fishing Forum
the Rod Rack Rod Builder's Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2005, 10:04 AM

Two-Handed rod handles

I was getting ready to do some winter projects, picked up a new T&T 14’ 9wt. blank, and thought I would put some of my two handed handle designs out for inspection and see what everyone thought. What do most people like in a two-handed rod handle?

They are from top to bottom.
1) 10’ 7wt. switch rod using burl cork rings, some thin gray gasket material for accent and rubberized cork rings on the ends for durability. (this is my newest creation)
2) Sage 12’ 5wt. spey using standard cork rings. (I love this rod but I don’t like the small back handles sage puts on there production rods so I did my own)
3) Anglers Workshop 12’ 7/8wt. using alternating standard cork rings and red burl cork rings. (this rod and the Lamiglas are to of my early experiments with burl cork)
4) Lamiglas 12 ½’ 6/7wt. using alternating standard cork rings and green burl cork rings.
5) Diamond Back 13’ 8/9wt. using standard cork rings.

Charlie

P.S. Please excuse the dirt on some of them, they do get used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	handles.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	5152  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.