In the cool of evening - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2000, 11:51 PM
i'm so outta here

In the cool of evening

Jim W, Rich D and I just got back from some night fishing down in Wareham. A perfect evening for it. No wind, not too many bugs, a bright clear sky and, best of all, cooperative fish. Black clousers and black beachglass silversides were the ticket. A slow deliberate strip produced much better results than the quick snappy strip I have a habit of making.

So much depends on your ability to feel the line and the fly at the end of it. At Monomoy I was focussed on my sucky casting and not paying enough attention to what I was doing after it. Tonight I settled down a bit and just plunked it out there and finally started fishing with a firm line, keeping contact with the fly, feeling it being pulled by eddies, bouncing off the bottom, dragging across the gravel, being picked up by fish.... and quickly dropped, being picked up by fish and -- oh! fish on. Happiness is.... I landed a few decent ones. It was a rush to say the least. I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Wednesday night (and Flag Day to boot). Thanks Jim and Rich.

Al

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.