5/12 Merrimack River - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2000, 06:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to BobD Send a message via Yahoo to BobD
5/12 Merrimack River

Took the boat and recently relocated son Bobby up to the Merrimack for the first time this year. Based on the reports we where not expecting much more that a shake down cruise for the boat. Launched at Cashmans and headed up river to work the creek mouths across from Ferry's Landing. It did not take very long before I heard Bobby yell fish on. We caught schoolies pretty straight for the next few hours until slack tide.

We made the run down river into the teeth of a stiff ESE wind, more to open the boat up than to look for fish. We did see guys fishing from shore near the Captain's Ladies
catching fish. Including our first drag the schoolie up onto the sand, hold it steady with your foot and kick it back into the surf. Bobby could not believe he saw that.

We did find birds working the water and motored over to them, but did not see fish under them nor could we make out what the where eating.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.