Amazing Ocean Coho Fishing Awaits Us - Fly Fishing Forum
Ocean Flyfishing for Salmon Perhaps the most under-rated fishery in the world

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2001, 12:55 AM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
Amazing Ocean Coho Fishing Awaits Us

The early reports from Alaska and BC are poiting towards an amazing coho season filled with lots of big fish.

I hear reports from Sitka daily (where I will be the first week and a half in August) and the coho fishing has been amazing. 50 fish days for 4 rods have been common and the amazing part is the average size of the fish-10 to 13 pounds with 15 pound fish being caught daily. Given that these fish put on an average of a pound a week, the middle of August should see these fish pushing an average size of 20 pounds.

...and this leads to where I come in. I will be up in Sitka the 3rd of August through the 13th to deckhand but I will also get my share of fishing in. Big coho have been seen crashing the surface everywhere and most people are jigging at an average of 30 feet. Since many on this board have alot more experience then I do when it comes to this type of fishing I want some tips, tricks and any secret flies you wouldnt mind letting me in on.

Ive got the basic techniques down but was just intrested in some tricks that might help me out. Thanks!!

BTW-I am running three differnt groups and one group of 4 cancelled because a family problem came up so if anyone get get together a group of 4, I will be decking for that trip. $1300/person for 4 nights, 3 days of fishing, includes everything except airfare and dinners.

Anyways any tips tricks and fly info would be appreciated. THANKS!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.