Tarpon Reel - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2004, 01:12 AM

Tarpon Reel

Hey folks

I have owned a Penn 4G reel for a couple years now, I use it on my home waters to fish mostly for salmon and steelhead. I have developed an affliction for tropics fly fishing and I am looking to hear from any of you with thick enough forearms that may have used this reel on a single hand rod (it's bloody heavy). I am thinking specifically about building up a tarpon rod, and hoping to use this reel. I have no desire to drop any more cash on another reel, this one certainly is a workhorse, but of the Clydesdale variety.

thanks in advance.

Longshanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.