Belated Sekiu Report - Fly Fishing Forum
Ocean Flyfishing for Salmon Perhaps the most under-rated fishery in the world

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2004, 03:03 AM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
Belated Sekiu Report

I fished Sekiu last week with a couple of good freinds. The coho was fishing was terribly slow, however, we did manage to tie into some rod corking, drag testing big mackerel that provided a great sport...especially considering the coho fishing was sooooo slow. We couldn't even buy a fish bucktailing.

An observation with a question. For the first time, I had the oppurtunity to fish a Rio Deep 7 alongside a sinktip with an intermediate running line (new Cortland 555 QD 350 gr 30' tip). I have fished both (and had decent luck with both) but I have never had the oppurtunity to fish each side by side for a couple of days.

The Deep 7s, hands down, out fished my 555 QD eventhough we are all fishing similar flies. I think if I went to a 450 or 550 I could of matched the Deep 7's success but the Deep 7 is such a more pleasureable line to cast and fish. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mack1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	3692   Click image for larger version

Name:	mack2.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	3693   Click image for larger version

Name:	justincoho1.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	3694   Click image for larger version

Name:	justincoho2.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	3695  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.