Visiting Ireland ! - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2004, 03:56 AM

Visiting Ireland !

The last few years have seen a massive improvement in the amount of salmon returning to Irish rivers, despite the continuation of licensed netting off our coast.
Spring salmon runs of record preportions, have been quickly followed by grilse runs of a similar nature.
To the point where work has been interfering with my fishing, I have been enjoying all the activity, and have fished extensively throughout the country.
Many foreign anglers, numerous of them noted anglers, have been enjoying the sport also.
Should any members be planning to visit Ireland, or wish to visit at a future date, please feel free to avail of any assistance that a lifetime of local knowledge has to offer. In an effort to "put a little back" I would be delighted to advise, introduce, and if need be arrange, anything that would make your visit a memorable one.
I`m a great believer in a little "local knowledge", so just drop a line if you`re going to be in our locality, and hopefully we`ll point you in the right direction.
Tight lines, whatever`s pullin` them !
Peter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.