Lets' talk FLIES FOR TROUT
Ok time to gear up. I'm no entymologist. My limited knowledge get's me by but I want to expand it slowly.
What are your top 2 flies in each category? Please KEEP IT SIMPLE and short. A complicated discussion of aqautic insectea will be a bore and complicate things further.Give your fly and a short sentence why you use it.
1. Adams- looks like a mosquito, everyone else sells them
2. Brown Caddis- only Caddis color I see in NE Ma. streams
1. Woolly Bugger (black beeded)- works in ponds
2. Green or white Hornberg- Kicks but on Ma. hatchery trout
1. Gold wrapped Hares Ear- all I know, caught a few on it
2. Beeded Pheasant Tail- heard it works
1. Hopper- Someone gave me some, besides- ever read "Big 2 Hearted River"?
2. Ants- someone gave me some
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Job Lot Trout Flies - 1232 Flies||Casting at Shadows||For Sale by Owner||0||12-27-2011 02:02 PM|
|FS: Trout Flies||Casting at Shadows||For Sale by Owner||1||10-22-2011 10:10 AM|
|Lets talk safety...||Smcdermott||Propwash||19||03-17-2006 03:29 PM|
|Trout Flies For Sale||Ghost Tails||For Sale by Owner||0||12-16-2004 03:29 PM|
|Talk me out of tossing my barbless flies||Roop||Stripers and Coastal Gamefish||18||08-09-2000 11:46 PM|