Paddling / Spring Fever - Fly Fishing Forum
Yak Attack Kayaks and flyfishing = ultimate stealth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Paddling / Spring Fever

I am a lucky bastard. Things just seem to work out for me.

Case in point: my company moved to a location on the shores of a nice pond that is fed by a gorgeous little river.

I now keep my old, ghetto whitewater kayak on the shores of the pond. I went for my virgin voyage on the pond after work today. I played around in the raging current (lots of recent rain) for a little while and then paddled around an island on the other side of the pond.

Damn this place looks fishy - and the river provides for kayaking fun when the fishing is slow. See: lucky bastard.

I am merely writing because I have major spring fever. I am also excited about the opportunity to go kayak fishing on a regular basis this summer. My kayak might be a ghetto vessel but it has a nice rod holder and some sweet paddle clips.

I hope to contribute more to the kayaking forum this year. And the freshwater yak fishing practice means that I will be truly ready to launch a yak assault on the the stripers on the NH coast come September. It seems like this may be the summer when I stop working so much and start fishing more often.

Actually, I will be working just as much and fishing more often this summer. It's all about getting out on convenient, local, fishy waters.

Fish on - the ice has melted and we have turned the corner.

-Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.