Hudson Ice Breaker 3/7 - Fly Fishing Forum
Yak Attack Kayaks and flyfishing = ultimate stealth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Flats Rat

Hudson Ice Breaker 3/7

Well, not quite. No sign of ice in Croton bay but quite a bit on the lakes on the drive down - not as much as this time last year. Air temp was in the high 40s and water temps a shade above 40 at Croton yesterday. Jim Wesley, Steve Liesman and I paddled up the Croton river for some exploratory paddling. I had the rod rigged but never made a cast - I was actually enjoying the scenery too much

Jim and Steve both wet their lines and also continued exploring out into Croton Bay. I'm not sure how they fared since I retired early with an over-tight dry-suit neck seal which was doing a number on my carotids after a couple of hours. I guess 24hrs stretching on the paint kettle wasn't enough!

Back at the ramp a guy in a tin boat reported a few fish just before dead low the previous day - one a respectable 33 inches. Also sporadic reports of twinks coming in from various locations.

It was nice to get out onto the water!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.