Seeking Fly Donations for Fundraiser Raffles - Fly Fishing Forum
Warmwater flyfishing Bass, pike and even muskies in your backyard

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2002, 11:41 AM
_

Arrow Seeking Fly Donations for Fundraiser Raffles

The Forum will be holding raffles at the various fly fishing shows, beginning with the Marlboro show (January 17 - 19), in order to raise funds to help pay for subsequent shows and the server upgrade.

One of the raffle ideas is to raffle off a box (or boxes) of "go to" flies tied by Forum members. When I say "go to" fly, I mean the first fly that you would tie on when you hit the water. Of course, this usually depends on the fishing conditions and type of fish you are trying to catch, so it would be important to include that information with the fly. If many different members each submit one or two flies, the result would be an incredible assortment of flies, with each fly being somebody's "go to" fly for a given condition. If enough flies are received we will sort them into categories for saltwater, trout, salmon, warmwater, etc., so that we can hold a raffle for each category.

So . . . Here's what I'm looking for: One or two "go to" flies (or more, if you wish) with the name of the fly, the type of fish or general category that the fly is for, and the conditions in which you would fish the fly (e.g., springtime high water, deep water, fast current, flats, night time, etc.). This information will be included with the flies. If you wish, you may include your Forum username so that the winner can let you know about their success with your fly.

If you would like to donate a fly, please respond here or by PM or email and I will send you my address.

Thanks!

Q
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.