Tunoid Yak Attack - Fly Fishing Forum
Yak Attack Kayaks and flyfishing = ultimate stealth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2002, 04:58 AM

Talking Tunoid Yak Attack

How about a Tunoid Forum Yak Attack? Seems we need to get the Fourm Armada ready for an attack.Need somone with Tunoid experience to guide us. The two dates in Aug that are bad før me is the 10 and 24th. If not in*Aug lets plan for a Sept outing. FishHawk
Old 07-18-2002, 07:16 AM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
I've caught them the past two years running around the Weekapaug Breachway in RI. Its fun playing Run and Gun in a Yak! :eyecrazy:

Actually, there it seems that the fish set up fairly regular patterns and I've had luck drifting for them as well as trolling flies around while moving. Man are they fun!

We could try the location that we had the first Yak Attack at two years ago, but the name escapes me at this moment.

Nick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2002, 05:04 AM

We need a trip leader . FishHawk
Old 07-19-2002, 05:53 AM

I might be able to give some help when it becomes the time, if my help is wanted, it seems that lately I am on the outside looking in. I do usually know when the false albacore arrive in southern RI, which is usally after the bonita, they don't seem to mix to well. I am guess that it is usually sometime in late August. I will definately know when they arrive. I buried my truck yesterday on the sand trail, tried to get in without dropping my tire pressure.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:41 AM
Flats Rat

I'm definitely up for this - as long as were not running and gunning with boats under power - people in powered boats become complete idiots when tunoids break the surface. I would hate to have my new Kayak become a 'two piece' or worse :eyecrazy: .
Old 07-19-2002, 08:53 AM

Depending on the dates, I'd be up for a Yak attack. I echo Adrian's concerns about the power boats, having been in the midst of it off watch hill I can tell you its :eyecrazy: one eye on the water and the other looking all around for boats. Maybe there's saftey in numbers? I like the RI venue, there was talk of an old style rhody clave, it might not be too early to start planning something.
Art, I'll be down there this fall for sure, looking forward to fishing with you.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:34 AM

I'd be up for something like this but a lot less formal then what we tried last year. That was just too weird.

I'd love to spend some time with Art again + that's such a beautiful area.

Definitely plan on camping for a long weekend.

Roop
Old 07-19-2002, 10:02 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Roop -

Dunno if you were on that one two years ago, but I thought it went very well and the spot was awesome. That spot you recon'ed with Penguin is a hardtail magnet in august as well. Lewis Bay is another often overlooked area when they get in there and Penguin can keep us posted. Wacky is always a good bet albeit crowded and somewhat dangerous outside of the jetties for yaks. Bass River gets a lot of tunoids and hardly anyone targets them there. Lots of choices...
Old 07-20-2002, 08:39 AM

I'm not really sure I would know a tunoid if one took my fly but "runnin' and gunnin' for tunoids from a yak" sounds way cool. Can you guys count me in? I am busting to do some more saltwater fishing especially if I can use the kayak.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:54 AM

Sounds like we have a plan. We'll wait until they are in strong and go for it. We need something like this to pick us up . Stay tuned. FishHawk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.