"Expensive" fishing licenses - Fly Fishing Forum
The Quintessential Trout Trout angling is the core of flyfishing worldwide.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2002, 04:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Nooksack Mac
"Expensive" fishing licenses

For perspective if your annual fishing license seems costly: check the cost of one day's skiing at the resort nearest to your home.
Field & Stream has just run a two-part series of how many state f&g departments are starving for revenue. Either fishing licenses must go to many times their present bargain prices, or state govts. must find ways to get non-consumptive users of wildlife (birdwatchers, day-hikers, leaf-peepers, etc.) to share the costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2002, 04:53 PM

I know I used to be a big skier when the $ 25 a day was high. Now it is out of my league, thank god I live in the mid west and don't have mountains close other wise I would be in pain, because I really loved skiing.

Now it is probably $ 50 a day minimum at most ski resorts.

Fishing licenses are a real bargain from this perspective
Old 05-07-2002, 12:49 PM

I do not agree that lift tickets are much more expensive than fishing licenses. CO cost me $20 for instate. WY was $70 for out of state. Three days on the green is $22 and five on Henry's fork will be $26. The total that I will spend this year is going to be at least $138. My season pass at Copper was $209. I will fish about as many days as I skiied so that the cost/day is about the same. I like the idea that we charge leaf peepers. How about a toll booth on the Kancamangas. You must pay if you do not have a fishing rod in the car.
Old 05-07-2002, 12:57 PM

I happen to know what the Kancamangus trail is, doubt if many other non easterners do. WY = $ 70 for out of state must be one of the highest in U.S. What is instate $ 5-10 ?

I was referring to daily skiing rates, season pass $ 209 sounds like a great deal to me. Unlimited season pass just to hit golf balls at my local park district range is $ 300.

Yes fishing license fees could be increased national, I will gladly pay more. I will even pay for a private beat like Europe has so I can have my own section of the river in solitude with nature, etc...
Old 05-08-2002, 03:13 PM
Here fishy, fishy, fishy!

Send a message via AIM to Stone Send a message via Yahoo to Stone
The Kanc

Oh come on, everyone knows what the Kanc is... :hehe:
Old 05-08-2002, 03:24 PM

FYI
Spent about 5 boy hood summers on the Big Winnie in the Meredith area, White Mountains, etc...

Is Harts Turkey Farm still there ? My parents used to know the owner and we would get preferred treatment when there. Great memories of that area and my biggest smallmouth still comes from the Winnie.
Old 05-08-2002, 03:30 PM
Here fishy, fishy, fishy!

Send a message via AIM to Stone Send a message via Yahoo to Stone
Oh yeah, Harts is still there.
Old 05-08-2002, 03:32 PM
Fluff

Hart's Turkey Farm

Is alive and well, advertising on WMUR, appears to be thriving. Food's good too !

I still have a bitch of a time swallowing the state's increase of license fees without more return of service.

Last edited by DFix; 05-08-2002 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-25-2002, 03:58 PM
brookie! where?

Send a message via AIM to SDHflyfisher Send a message via MSN to SDHflyfisher
here in WI we pay extra for an inland trout stamp and a great lakes stamp but i don't mind paying it considering i get to pay less for a regular license because i am only 16

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.