Rips Charter - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 10:10 AM

Rips Charter

Hey,

I think I'm going to take a charter in mid June to fish the rips. I like to do a charter every season or so to the exact same spots I fish my boat just to see what other guys are doing in the same areas.

Anyway I'm thinking about RJ Silvester who runs a Parker 25'. He keeps his boat at the same marina as me and really looks like he runs a good operation. Has anyone fished with him before? Or does anyone have any other reccommendations for guides? I'm looking for someone who fly fishes the rips. I was thinking of a couple of other guys but I like RJ's boat because I'll probably have three other guys with me.
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2011, 10:08 PM
President of CAC

Tony Biski , Mike Andolini or Dave Steed out of Orvis do fly fish trips exclusively and do the Rips . Ken Haliday is a Tuna guy but will take fly guys to the Rips as well. To name a few
Old 01-06-2011, 06:34 AM

Boatdrinks

In addition to the guides John mentioned you should check out Dave Rudduck. He and Tony Biski are two of the best flyfishing guides working the Rips. Dave also works out of Fishing the Cape. I'm docked next to Dave and fish the same area as he does and I can tell you from personal observation that Dave is really good at catching fish on the fly.

Chris at Fishing the Cape can give you info on Dave Ruddock as well as, Mike and Tony or you can check Dave Ruddock's website <edited>

Dave Steeves now works at Fishing the Cape and as far as I know, is no longer guiding.

Dan

P.S. What make boat are you running. I fish the rips all the time and I'm just curious if I've seen you down there. I run a 20' Jones Brothers.

Last edited by juro; 01-06-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:29 AM
President of CAC

Yes...sorry... forgot to mention Rudduck as well... and he and Chris now run the Flyfishing School and Chris took over after I left.

Last edited by striblue; 01-06-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:55 AM

Thanks guys. I've met both Biski and Ruddock and they seem like really good guys. I'm just concerned their boats are too small to comfortably have 4 guys on board. I know only 1 or 2 would fish at a time but it could be crowded on a 20' Jones or a 21' Parker. I was thinking of giving Chris a call soon but wanted to hear what you guys had to say. I didn't know they were moving the shop, where in Dennisport are they going? That's too bad, I like having an excuse to buy fly stuff whenever I hit the grocery store.

Redfisher: I run a 26' Seaswirl Striper (the name sold me). I love those Jones Bros though. Beautiful lines. I came really close to buying the 23' or 26' that Alan had in his yard before I got this.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:10 AM
In moderation

I have fished with Tony Biski, Mike Andolini and Dave Ruddock. They are all OK guys.
Toni believes he is the best guide in the world. I found Mike a little old and grumpy. Dave is OK if you like hearing Beatles music a day long.
You should try Art Sawayer who is a top guide and also gives forum members a good discount.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.