Singaporean Leaders - Simple and effective - Fly Fishing Forum
Works for me! Tips and techniques worth sharing

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2005, 05:07 AM

Singaporean Leaders - Simple and effective

A friend of mine recently brought back a jem of knowledge from Singapore during a recent trip. The locals use this leader for their SW fishing but tied with 4X-3X mono its great for freshwater. It is also so simple to tie it can me made by the river bank in seconds.

Giles has very kindly talked me through making these Singaporean leaders and I have done an instructional drawing based on his instructions ... (slow loading, please be patient)

Cheers,
Carl

Last edited by Berlin; 05-13-2005 at 05:09 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2005, 11:27 PM

thank you for posting

this was very informative and thank you for posting it . have you tryed this leader yet? is there more schock to save the leader from breaking when a fish hits? i have been testing out weaved leaders for trout wich is very schock absorbent. compared to strait mono leader.

good luck to you and wish you more time on the water stonefly1013........
Old 09-24-2005, 09:37 AM

These work good!

Thanks Berlin. I've been trying these lately after seeing your post. I use 10 lb Ande mono and made them just like your plan except I Blood knotted 10 lb Ande onto the thin end for tippet. If I need something smaller I blood knot it onto the 10lb. They cast very well, turn over big flies and rarely ever tangle. I actually like them better than tapered mono leaders. The technique is called "furling" and you can find recipes for knotless furled leaders on the global flyfisher site, as outlined by Henk Verhaar.

http://www.globalflyfisher.com/fishb...henk/henk1.htm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.